Christmas @ Hereworth – From little things, big things grow!
These words resonate with the efforts that so many people made for our Christmas @ Hereworth Celebrations last night. So much planning and hard work was invested by so many willing parents, staff and boys, to make the event the outstanding success it proved to be. The energetic event work-force ensured that many people from within and beyond Hereworth attended the evening.
The proceeds raised will be consolidated with other monies raised by the Hereworth Parents Association and will provide funds for items required for the refurbished Performing Arts Centre.
Thank you to all who contributed to the evening: parents, staff and boys. Thank you also to all who supported the event.
I acknowledge the work of the members of our Hereworth Parents Association Executive led by the President, Mr Rick Kirkland, who has been relentless in his efforts to ensure a most successful event. I particularly acknowledge the members of our HPA, and also Mr Stuart MacIntyre and Mr Jason Brittin, who have supported Rick and worked tirelessly over many weeks to oversee the preparation for this special event.
A special thank you to:
- Mr Scott Field for the construction of the Christmas tree stand.
- Diack Bros for donating the use of a semi-trailer to transport the tree.
- Mr Peter Sutherland who set up the electricals for the Christmas lights.
- Our Maintenance Team of Dave McCurran, Rob Murray and James Crowther for the fantastic work they did beforehand with the grounds to ensure that everything looked as it needed to and for the time they spent setting up for the day.
- Our small army of willing parent and student workers volunteering on the day and the evening at the stalls – I have seen the list and remain humbled by the close support of our community.
- The Hereworth Orchestra, our Rock Bands, Dance Group, Barbershop Choir and Wizard of Oz performers led by Mrs Joanne Stevens.
- The guest musicians, M.I.N.K, Naked Gun, Harry Mason from Havelock North High School, and our famous NZ tenor, Patrick Power, whose performances were a special part of the evening.
- The fantastic dance and Kapa Haka performances from Havelock North Intermediate School, Havelock North High School and the guest performance from Woodford House – Grace Haliburton and Johanna Peterson.
Thank you to each of our sponsors, both large and small, for their wonderful support of the evening:
Field’s Way Engineering / Freeway Floats & Trailers
Hawthorne Coffee Roasters
The Homegrown Juice Company
Pak ‘n Save
Turfrey Hawke’s Bay
Forest Management NZ
M.W. Lisette Ltd
Scott’s Strawberry Farm
Christmas @ Hereworth was a great success, not only in terms of the proceeds made, but also in terms of the residual goodwill and sense of community which always results from a concerted, committed and collaborative effort such as this!
Hereworth Supporter Sports Day
Congratulations to everyone involved in last Saturday’s Hereworth Supporters Sports Day. It was great to see so many at this event – players, coaches, parents, grandparents, and spectators.
Thank you to Mr Paolo Pancotti, our kitchen staff and parents who worked hard on the day providing meals to bring it to such a marvellous conclusion.
Special thanks to Mr Marcus Peacock, our President of the Hereworth Old Boys Association, for his extraordinary efforts behind the scenes over recent weeks to ensure the success of these games for the boys of the 1st and 2nd Cricket, 1st Tennis and 1st Softball. It was a great day enjoyed by all.